DMin Degree – Major in Biblical Counseling
The major in the DMin degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the major define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student.
Purpose of the Major
To offer experienced ministers the opportunity to hone their understanding and skills in counseling as a form of discipleship and to develop a model of promoting Christian growth by mobilizing people to help one another through trials.
- Learners will develop a model of church life that promotes spiritual development and change among the members of the congregation.
- Learners will interact with and evaluate the claims of non-Christian counseling systems against a biblically informed theology of ministry.
- Learners will develop the skills necessary for leading counselees through their struggles so as to grow in the process.
Major Core Studies – 18 Credits
Major Core Studies form 18 credits of the 30 credits minimum for the DMin degree Major in Biblical Counseling. Major Core Studies are from the Biblical Counseling subject area.
- BC 713 Advanced Principles of Biblical Counseling
- BC 804 Counseling Families in the Church
- BC 840 Doctor of Ministry Biblical Counseling Practicum *
- Electives: Any 3 courses in Biblical Counseling (BC) – 9 credits
Biblical Counseling students will be asked to take BC 991 Biblical Counseling Pre-Program Assessment after completing RW 001 Trinity Tutorial and prior to beginning other course work. Students will also be asked to take BC 992 Biblical Counseling Post-Program Assessment after completing all course work and prior to beginning RW 991 Mission Outcomes Assessment. These are non-graded, non-credit assessments.
* Learners are encouraged to pursue remaining courses while in the counseling practicum course.
Program Structure – 30 Credits Minimum
- RW 001 Trinity Tutorial – 0 credits
- D.Min. Common Core – 6 credits
- Major Core Studies – 18 credits
- D.Min. Capstone Research Project – 6 credits
- RW 991 Mission Outcomes Assessment – 0 credits
A minimum of 30 credits must be earned at Trinity.
Information on the DMin Degree and Other Majors