Executive Master of Business Administration Degree
The Executive MBA degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the program define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student. The Executive MBA degree consists of 33 credits minimum across the areas of Biblical and Theological Core Studies and Executive Ministry Leadership Core Studies.
Purpose of the Program
To equip persons for service in executive ministry leadership related ministries in the local church or Christian non-profit organization through advanced training in the Word of God and contemporary strategies of organizational development and business management.
- Learners will articulate a biblically-based Christian worldview of executive ministry leadership principles and practices through informed perspectives expressed in academic activities in Christian business management and organizational development.
- Learners will identify best practices that contribute to personal growth and spiritual formation as an executive ministry leader through self-assessment and peerevaluation academic activities.
- Learners will develop knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of executive ministry leadership through critical reflection of scholarly resources and contemporary writings.
- Learners will analyze and evaluate business models and practices in light of the vision, mission, values, and operational needs and requirements of the church.
- Learners will develop skills in executive ministry leadership through well-reasoned applications and evaluations deployable in life, work, and ministry.
Program Structure – 33 Credits Minimum
Prerequisite: Bachelor's degree.
Total Credits Required = 33. A minimum of 18 credits must be earned at Trinity. All courses are 3 semester credit hours unless noted otherwise. Courses may be taken in any order unless otherwise specified.
A maximum of 15 credits may be satisfied via a combination of transfer credit or the Graduate Portfolio. General Elective credits must meet one of two criteria: (1) comparable to a course taught at Trinity or (2) connectivity to Trinity's program as demonstrated by fulfillment of one of Trinity's Mission Objectives. Transfer (grades of "B" or above) must satisfy the requirements of the program.
- RW 001 Trinity Tutorial – 0 credits
- Master's General Electives – 15 credits
- Executive Ministry Leadership Core Studies – 18 credits
Master's General Electives – 15 Credits
Executive Ministry Leadership Core Studies – 18 Credits
Executive Ministry Leadership Core Studies form 18 credits of the 33 credits minimum for the Executive MBA degree. Executive Ministry Leadership Core Studies are from Administration, Conflict Management, and Leadership subject areas.
- AD 501 Human and Organizational Development
- AD 584 Human Resource Management
- CM 526 Managing Conflict
- LD 500 Strategic Planning for the Church
- LD 502 Marketing Non-Profit Ministry
- Elective: Any 1 course in Administration (AD) – 3 credits