Automatic Monthly Payment (Credit / Debit Cards Only) Frequently Asked Questions
- When will my credit / debit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged between the 9th and the 15th of the month. International students will be charged between the 20th and the 25th. (You must fill out an International Autopay Authorization Form)
- If I’m on Auto Pay why do I continue receiving a bill?
You will continue to receive a billing statement. This is for your records, so that you know how much your credit / debit card will be charged for that month.
- I want my credit / debit card to be charged on a certain date. May I specify what date I want my charge to be made each month?
You may ask for your charge to be done on a certain date, however, we cannot guarantee that the charge will be done on that date.
- If I want to change my credit / debit card information, may I just call and give you my new information?
For your protection we must have all changes in writing. If you want to change to a new card number, you must send us a signed letter stating that you want to change your auto pay credit / debit card information or fill out a new form online.
- What if I want to be removed from auto pay?
Again, for your protection any changes to auto pay must be in writing. If you want to discontinue your enrollment in auto pay you need to send a signed letter stating that you want to be removed from auto pay or send an email to the finance department at email@example.com. Keep in mind that if this is not received before we start auto pay for the month, your card will be charged.
- If I send in a check or different credit / debit card payment, will that replace my auto pay charge for that month?
If you choose to send in a check or another credit / debit card payment this will be taken as an extra payment on your account. Your auto pay payment will still be charged.
- I had been on auto pay for sometime and my tuition was paid in full. When I sent in my continuance fee payment, I gave a different credit / debit card number and you did not change my credit / debit card information for auto pay to this new number. Why?
We cannot make the assumption that you want to change your credit / debit card on auto pay just because you sent in a different credit / debit card to make a payment for books or a continuance fee. If you want to change your credit / debit card information you must do this in writing or fill out a new autopay form online.
- May I switch from auto pay to Automated Clearing House (ACH) or vice versa?
If you are a student from the United States, you may switch from either auto pay to ACH or vice versa, but once again, it must be done in writing. Also, you will only be allowed to make this change once a year. If you are a student through our Northern Ireland Office, auto pay is the only option available to you at this time.
Please be advised that all information given to Trinity is kept confidential to the utmost efforts. The only reason Trinity would give your name and address to someone would be for collection efforts through the Trinity Abetment Department. In no way will your personal information be sold or given to another entity. We are held by the federal government’s rules and regulations of the amended Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. The rules and regulations of the Department of Health, Education and Welfare, “Privacy of Parents and Students,” provide students with certain rights regarding “education records.”