You’ll need to enable scripts in your browser to get the most out of Trinity’s internet resources. Below are instructions for enabling scripts in most of the popular browsers available for your computer. If you are experiencing problems with any of Trinity’s online resources, check and make sure that your browser has scripts enabled.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on “Tools.” A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on “Internet Options.”
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Click on the “Internet” icon and then click on “Custom level…”
- Scroll down to the “Scripting” section of the “Security Settings—Internet Zone” dialog box and enable “Active Scripting.” Click on “OK” to close the dialog box and then click on “Apply” and “OK” to close “Internet Options.”
- Restart Internet Explorer to finish the procedure.
- Open Firefox and click on “Tools.” A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on “Options…”
- Click on the “Content” tab.
- Restart Firefox to allow the changes to take effect.